Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dirty Dish Store

I have been looking forward to this day since the first week we arrived. I heard about the Dirty Dish store and knew it was my kind of store. It is a big warehouse full of odds and ends. I was filthy by the time we left. Everything in the store is already pretty cheap but you get to subtract 40% of the total. I got some new plain every day dishes and then some odds and ends to serve with.



Don't look too closely there could be gifts in these photos! hmmm
The square ones above were less than $2 each. The small blue sushi plates were less than $1. The only bargains to be found in Tokyo.

I LOVE these dishes with the sakura (cherry blossoms.) I got some "dessert" plates and a couple of serving dishes.



The happy shoppers at Sizzler. Yes, that is me leaning back so my face isn't in the picture. What a great day!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow....fun stuff. You always know how to find neat things. Way to go. I noticed the "dutch" flare in some of the pieces....I'm guessing you'll always have that in you. Very cool finds.

Joan said...

How fun Jenny! I am so jealous - do those girls live in Japan also? And just curious - are you eating dog? (ok, j/k)

Jill said...

love them love them love them. especially your blue sushi plates. I don't think I've ever seen those there before.

Lace OD said...

Great stuff! Next time you go I want cherry blossom plates! :)