Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fuchu Daichi


Nathan reading the closing statement. Another student translated it into Japanese


Nathan and his Buddy

The 4th graders at ASIJ recently had the opportunity to "host" a neighboring Japanese school. Each student got a "buddy" from the other school. Nate was a little nervous because of his inability to speak Japanese. I told him just make hand motions. haha I went in to watch the special program that they put on for the school. All of the ASIJ kids did a program about Thanksgiving. Then they made crafts in the classroom with their buddy and ate lunch together. All in all I think it was a fun day. Nathan's class will get to visit Fuchu Daichi in February.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah....a new post. I am so excited. Fun stuff for Nathan and I love his haircut. Great Job Nathan!!!

Rita said...

Nathan...What a handsome guy you are. I bet it was fun having the other school come to your school to spend day.Did you just have to smile alot since you don't speak Japenese yet? It will be very fun going to the other school later too. I also loved the picture of all you kids under the big Christmas tree. Tell your brothers "hi" from me. We are sure looking forward to seeing you soon. Grandma Rita