Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I did it!


I got behind the wheel of our van. Then I turned it on and actually drove out of the driveway. Followed my neighbor (because we were going to the church.) Picked up my friend Memri on the way and actually got there without causing any physical harm. Memri was my co-pilot, telling me when I was too close the the "wrong" side of the road, etc... Her dad taught driver's ed so that means "genetically speaking" that I had an official driving instructor. wink wink

Talk about nerve racking. I found myself leaning over to the left (those of you who have seen me play video games know I get into it.) It took a lot of concentration but whew -- the first time is over. Now if only Ryan would just hit a curb or a pole before I do.

2 comments:

Dem, Mem and Them said...

Glad to be of service. Now you have to show me where Tonki's is!!

Heather said...

Sounds adventurous. I'm impressed, especially with your driving skills. Just kidding. I'm not sure I could drive on the opposite side...it would be very difficult.